7.3.25 - 60 - Day #2: All's Well that End's Well




Went for run again this morning. Pa sat up and talked about visiting the States. He astounded us with his memory. He had an egg. Washed up. I got the car washed after 7 months. Things are very peaceful here. Pa is getting the best possible care right now for someone in his condition. We laugh and tease each other. He hasn't lost his sense of humour nor his onerariness. Ma and I keep each other company, reminiscing, comforting each other. Reassuring each other. We do not talk about sad things unless they can be made into happy things. Those stories are the all's well that end's well variety.

Pa sees the cushion at his feet. Do you know what that is? It's the Eiffel Tower, I tell him. Yes, he says. 1914, the World Fair. I cannot believe the head for facts which he has. To me, as he is approaching the last stretch, he is meeting it with spirit and grace. I am very lucky. In life you must have luck. I had a hard life. He recalls how his father was swindled by his brothers. Then he left. Left is euphemism for ... 

But my dad made good in the end. In the end, All's Well that End's Well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love

The Central Business District