21.3.26 - 81 - The missing of Ireland


Kinnegoe Bay 



To say that Kinnegoe Bay was responsible for my being in Ireland is not an exaggeration. Simply because, as soon as I went there, it felt as if I was home. It is inexplicable. It wasn't just because it was beautiful. Wildly and heartachingly so. I have been to many beautiful places, possibly even more beautiful than Kinnegoe Bay, but I had never felt as if I had 'come home'. This is where I belonged.

I have spent many hours here. Walking it. Walking to the second beach,. Walking to the third at low tide. Sitting in the freezing rock pools, serenaded by the fizzing bubbles. I walked the place with Oisin, walked it with Ghin when I was pregnant. One very early warm autumn morning, Oisin and I took off our clothes and walked naked on the sands - I was more than four months pregnant then. I have been there with my drum to ask for people to pass over safely. When Tony was passing, I saw Oisin, whom I was pregnant with for only three months, take Tony by the hand and lead him through a sunlit forest to a little cottage in the woods which were filled with people waiting for him. For Brad, I drummed for his dad, and heard the voice of a gull call. I also helped Kevin's mother pass, drumming there. It is a place of power. A place where the worlds collide, where they meet. I know that there is another place after life because I have seen it.

But I am not here to talk about Kinnegoe Bay, but to say how much I miss Ireland. It was in Ireland that I became am adult. It was mostly responsible for the person I have become. It took all that anger and resentment of being in Singapore and it just kneaded it out of me. It was a hard going thing, but it has done me a world of good. I went to Ireland because I had to. And I miss it so much now.

But maybe I had so much of Ireland it will be sufficient to last me for the rest of my life. Who knows what the next adventure will be? 

I have been sleeping loads. I slept loads yesterday, dropping off out of sheer exhausting. The adrenaline leaving me and finally being able to stand down. Not entirely though as I make sure that Ma is steadied. She slips between real positivity and profound sadness. There were no other way the cards could have been dealt, so that makes it better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love

The Central Business District