12.3.26 - 68 - Day #7
Went for a swim - forgot my running shoes - so no running. But it was good to get into the pool again. The club is very busy now. When the boys were young there was no one at the club, but clearly the 60 year olds and the mid 50 year olds, like me, have discovered retirement.
Pa spends all day sleeping. I asked Ma if we should go to the hospital, but she said there was no point. She wanted him home and didn't want anything prolonged. But Pa would hate hospital as well. It was near impossible to get him to go. Uncle Gab came over last night and we told him. He was in shock, of course, as it was all so sudden. Yati was over to help me, which brought him over.
I was thinking this morning that there are no manuals for how when babies are born. You learn all the time... but the more you take care of children the more you know how it works. I suppose it's like that with death as well.
And the more you have accompanied people on their crossing over then the more you recognise the signs. A friend was very upset when I asked for advise. I think they were triggered. But I also don't understand with the abruptness. I have decided a long time ago that loads and loads of people I have known in my life are autistic. They just don't get it and need to double down. I no longer get upset with people anymore.
It was nice to be back at the club. Back swimming. I did 10 laps with no bother. When I was younger it was difficult when I started back in. OK, i do run and swim very slowly, but that I am able to do so continuously is pretty cool.
Well, I should try some writing now. Then elements work, interspersed with doing comfort checks on Pa and Ma. And thereafter at 3 pm I'm going to the hospital with Jac. Oh I should get the LPA started.
Comments