11.3.26 - 64 - Day #6



It's 4.30 pm. The last few days have been a blur. Yesterday, the doctor came and told us that Pa was still strong and that as long as he was drinking, it could take up to a month.

So today, I got him glucose in his water. He also tried walking and he was so weak I was worried he would end up having a heart attack. 

Everything is so quiet and peaceful. Mornings we listen to Sinatra and Humperdink and Como and we cry and laugh. We accompany each other.

I didn't run on Monday and Tuesday. I can't remember why not Monday, but on Tuesday, I had to wait for the doctor. I sat up in the morning beside Pa to see how he was. He sleeps restlessly. I'm sure we all do anyway. Oisin when he was very young would toss and turn too. 

So it goes. Those are the days. I run for about 30 mins and do 40 sit ups. some stretching. It is Day 6 so I am almost here, almost landed. Jac told me that she was so tired, I told her I didn't understand how she kept on going despite having all this going on as all.

I need to develop a schedule for Pa which includes having him drink something every 2 hours, hour and a half, so he doesn't dry out completely.

He refuses to eat anything, so drinking is all he has.

It is difficult watching him make his way across the boundaries spending less and less time in this world, but it is made so much easier by knowing that he has had a good, even great, life. I told Ma that the Irish have a word go leor which means enough - as well as plenty. Go leor as as leor. Enough is plenty. 

I need a project as well. Usually it takes me a week to sort myself. And now I'm doing good. I think I should do elements first of all when I'm not doing Pa. My schedule should look like this.

6 am: Blog

6.45 am: Pa - drink and comfort check

7 am: Run

8 am: Pa - drink and comfort check, Ma: exercises

8.30 am: Write

9.30 am: Pa - drink and comfort check

10 am: Write

11 am: Pa - drink and comfort check

12 pm: Elements

12.30 pm: Pa - drink and comfort check

1 pm: Elements

2 pm: Pa - drink and comfort check

2.30 pm: Elements

3.30 pm: Pa - drink and comfort check

4 pm: Swim

5 pm: Pa - drink and comfort check

5.30 pm: Elements

6.30 pm: Pa - drink and comfort check

7 pm: Elements

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love

The Central Business District