#59.20 - The places we went

2011 - 9 years ago...
who knew the life that was waiting ahead for us huh?

2013 - my babe Ghin

2014 0 post run

My god, how were we that young?
Look at all that grey hair - it was there even back then...

I saw the original of this print last month...

Yesterday we ended up in Donegal - I went there for the valuation. It was a bit disappointing, but that's ok. Times are ok... so the price was ok. But the thing was there was a leak in a pipe in the roof and we were very lucky that the people who were there were Stefan and Veronica. We mopped up and made sure that they were alright and then we left. There are many questions regarding the house.

These holidays were holidays where things were done and sorted out. The boys - I spent a lot of time with the boys - and it was a sweet feeling. Oisin especially. There is a sweetness in Oisin which I am deeply grateful for. Ghin was flexing his muscles and of course he does this from time to time and that's ok, but when he crosses the line, which isn't often, I have to read the riot act. I have to say that there is one thing I do not do - that is popular. I have never understood pacification and popular, especially if the reality - the unpleasant reality - is at stake. I will not stand by and have my sons become entitled pricks. They will not behave in such a way which will disrespect others, thinking that life owes them absolutely everything. It is bollocks. I will not stand for that.

So that's what happened yesterday.

Donegal is beautiful, but not at this time of the year. It is tough at this time of the year.

The rain has been relentless for this entire week. Honestly, it has been something else. There has been horizontal rain, sleet, wind - plenty of wind... relentless. Right...

I must start getting organised now. Today I got a cheap calendar from TK Maxx - at £2.50 it is steampunk and also Hieronymus Borsch, so it's great. I'm delighted with it. It is to help me get started with running again. Something I didn't manage to do at all this holiday even though I promised myself I would. I also played no piano and did not painting or drawing. But I did lots of other things. Like housework and laundry and getting the paperwork in order - and Forest School. It feels like the week has been three weeks actually.

But I MUST start drawing and painting.

The thing about a staycation is it actually quite fun. The funnest part has been the time with the boys. I also started writing about Atlantis. So that's all kinds of good too. It is only 7.30 pm. This is going to be my last evening on holiday then real life begins again. I think I'm going to do some writing in bed and some planning. The music from Alphaville is making me feel really happy. There is a calmness.

OK, I need to do this. To record how I am feeling There is a calmness, a certainty which is new. The wonder, this new wonder is being slowly replaced by an awakening, a delight to a new life. I am learning to look at the beauty of life and fully appreciate it.

I am so excited about the future, I can't even begin to describe it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love