#58.20 - A day of holidays

Reading glasses are a must
Tomorrow I dye my hair again

Haven't done one of these lately...


This has been a healing holiday. A holiday of quietude and silence - and staying home, and lots of laughter. We spent the day around Belfast and then Holywood... we just enjoyed each other's company. I felt it soooo deeply as I knew that these were the last few months before Oisin began to start to live his own life. Ghin riding in the back, Oisin laughing in the front. Both of them chatting and kidding about. We went to Bia Rebel to have ramen - and it was delicious. There was the tea egg which Oisin loves, and we had karage chicken. Not as well friend as I'm used to, but it was good. We had this amazing ice cream and ate till we were full. Then we went to get a prescription for Oisin's ringworm and after that headed into Holywood.

There was rain, there was sun, it was pitifully cold. We laughed and joked with each other to make the time pass. People spending time with each other. Nothing else in the world could be more delightful.

Nothing. We are the family - this is what life was meant to be.

When we got home, I was sleepy so off I went for a short nap. I woke later and we had dinner and watched the Great Pottery Throw Down. Cue more laughter. Ghin has two bowls of cereal for dinner. I made Oisin miso and mirin rice. They had doughballs. Soon it was bedtime and up we went. My beautiful sons. So gentle and capable. So full of sweetness and love. My dearest sons. One day they will be gone and I will have all these memories. That is what is blog is memory after memory. I write these down so that one day I may remember.

I have been going through my old blogs and looking at the work I've done. That work has been incredible. I'm so glad I decided to blog. Here I see the children I looked after growing. They may not remember but one day... one day...

====================

Had some ramen after this then went back to sleep, now awake again. It is very cold. Really, it is really cold. I have to start running again and getting back to things which make me happy.

So that's what I'll do after this. I'll go running and then clean the garden before heading to Donegal.

I'm heading out at 9. It has been such a relaxing holiday. Was just saying this to Oisin. It was like having a holiday here rather than in Singapore. Just the three of us hanging out with each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love