6.4.24 - Saturday again
Well, that's Saturday again. I'm now working on creating a vision quest which can be carried out in secondary schools - one which isn't about intervention, but a natural culmination to forest school. Kate's onboard and she told me to ask the spirits to also help the endeavour.
The war in Gaza seems to have taken a turning point. Israel killed 7 aid workers and that was the excuse which the Western countries needed to tell Israel to stop it. It sort of beggars belief that they really do not have the courage of their convictions. They will now go into denial just as they will go into denial about the entire covid debacle and Brexit and the widening income gap...
Meanwhile... I feel so desperately grateful that I am doing the work which I do. I had dinner with Ruth last night and we were chatting about our children and in her case grandchildren. I am now so aware that I am no longer a 'younger' person. I am now part of the community of elders. A new elder, but an elder nonetheless.
Who would have youth when you can have age? Age is so cool. You know things. Everything takes so much less time because you know how to do it. You aren't bothered about things which bothered you at all anymore. I mean I do get upset about things like Gaza, but for some reason the ANGST is gone. A lot of it has to do with not being married or indeed in a relationship any longer. There are minor niggles here and there, but they are minuscule compared to the effort and exhaustion of the responsibility of bringing up a child. That is now OVER. And then there aren't the periods. And there is just time to do stuff I want to do and need to do, including REST. Oh my GOD, the RESTING. It is sheer bliss.
I am beyond happy. I am satisfied.
And I LOVE being on my own. To be able to hear my own thoughts, to be with them. To let things percolate. For possibilities to unfurl and unfold. To see them come into being. It has been so pretty. I think I might henna my hair today.
Thank you to the universe for delivering us everything. Thank you thank you thank you.
Comments