16.4.24 - The boring life

Ode to the boring life...

When i think back about the life I had, I can safely say it was not dull nor boring. I have done most things. On Sunday Ghin asked me about the solar eclipse, and I said, I've seen a total eclipse before. He was WHAT???? Yes I said, I have. In Thailand. And I told him that story.

So my life is full of little stories like that along the way. Each one would be a highlight on its own, if it was alone in a single life, but in mine, well... there are so many that it's pointless to try and recall them regularly. They are stored away somewhere, enjoyed privately, with delight in secrecy.

These extremities which people talk about, I am not interested in them. At all.

Not interested.

So I love the boring life. This life I have now in suburbia. Where I go to the gym everyday and I teach young children. I play the piano and I draw every now and then. I run a forest school. I do bird song. That is the life I choose to lead. 

Away from the drama. I have done my time. Who would have drama? I loved excitement, but drama. I hated drama. 

To think it has taken me this long to return to this calm again. I luxuriate in it. It is mine. I never take it for granted. After the run today I'll look at my diary and then do some scheduling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love