21.4.24 - My health since September...
Here it goes
September
Terrible cough - I joined Bannatyne in August... coincidence? Dunno
Broke my foot - no exercise
Cough better
October
31st - cough starts again - did I pick this up in Derry? Bannatyne?
No exercise because of foot
November
Coughing
Coughing gets better
December
Start running again
January - February
Generally ok, but fighting something
Feb have to not go to Goddess thing because of illness
March
Feeling well - go to Wales - not 100%
April
Pick up weird cough
Have to cancel Forest School
So... main culprits are:
Children - but I have been around children for 11 years... so... maybe like a stronger strain of whatever they have?
Stress of Gaza - I have not been sleeping properly since Oct 7 and have been very VERY distressed at the barbarity of Israel, the evilness of the Western governments and our pathetic helplessness.
Bannatyne?
I think it must be a combination of the stress of Gaza - only because the cruelty is off the fucking scale and then the germs in Bannatyne. That must be it. It can't be anything else.
So, the remedy is sleep better, stay away from the worst bits of Gaza and wipe stuff down in the gym and invest in a pair of wet room slippers.
In any case, after six months, most people have had enough of the disgusting behaviours of these clueless governments and now most governments are in some stage of cardiac arrest, so everyone else can now take up the torch. Cos I need to look after myself. I have done my bit now and if I can take some time out I should.
Also what has been very strange has been the way the cough just turned off over night - as quickly as it turned on. I thought I was going to be stuck with this for another 3 months, but no. It seems to have sorted itself and it may have something to do with me not being a fucking hero and going into school and resting. So you know, note to self in the future: don't be a martyr. No one cares.
===================
Deleted blog post
I have had a lot of time to think about this super unusual past 6 months where I have just been battling weird colds and broken feet. So I was wondering what I had done which was different in the last six months... broken down it looks like this:-
1. Stopped drinking - well, it can't be that.
2. Broke my foot - well, it can't be that either.
3. Gaza - well, I haven't not slept properly for the last six months, so you know, good possibility.
4. Joined a health club and gone to the gym religiously apart from when I broke my foot.
5. Teaching - children = diseases - however, I have been teaching now of 12 years, so you know... I am mostly disease proof.
A combination of No1 and 4 - means that actually I have never been more fit since Covid. And I've shed loads of weight without dieting. I'm now running 5.5 km every time I go, which was 5 days a week, until last Wednesday, and it now takes me only 45 mins, which I know if still slow, but pretty good I think.
However, I have never had the number of coughs and colds I have had since I was maybe 8 years old. When I had asthmatic bronchitis. There were a lot of days off school. BUT it makes me think, maybe I am getting these germys from the health club. I only use the place for running on the treadmill - but I also stretch in the empty gym for 20 minutes on my own AND I use the steamroom and swim, although I have not used it in the past two weeks, so it can't be that. But you know, what else could it possibly be?
Are health clubs a place where germs and viruses are spread? With my state of being run down due to not sleeping and being so distressed, maybe this has occured?
Comments