28.4.24 - That's nearly April
Yesterday I attended a seminar about the Social Future. What Steiner thought about the Three Fold Economy - a society which emerges from the reality of human experience. A society which uses the human body in the anthroposophical understanding of it as the model of society.
More than anything, the model of us precipitating out of nature to descend to earth and then to struggle to the ideal, the New Jerusalem was the arc of the fairytale. Once Upon a Time... to bring something out of thin air and to make it real... until it finally is on the Earth and then from there, to elevate each other. To journey towards the New Jerusalem. A place where everyone does indeed live happily ever after.
Where we are able to realise each other... so that we all become human beings, the tenth hierarchy.
Is it possible? Only if a few people come together to make it possible. Can the school be such a place? I wonder if the school CAN be such a place... the school itself should be free... it should be a beneficiary of the economy which precipitates out of the nothing. It is very frustrating really.
The obstacles are many. Mostly the seduction - the wandering and getting lost. And those who stay on, they end up getting frustrated and then give up.
It is always instructive listening to people complaining. I realise some of that myself about myself lately. I must really stop it. It is not an attractive trait. Keep the complaining to yourself. No one wants to hear that.
I was also telling Jemma about the things I learnt as a teacher previously. There are so many myths about Steiner education. And I totally fell for them. I realise that I was also poorly trained. And no one heard me when I said it's not working. No one helped me. Well, now I know better and I'm able to course correct.
I must also be wary of being too strict, even now.
I was not strict enough the first time round and maybe now I am too expectant. I am really not sure.
Much has to be said about the practise.
I am feeling much better and will start to go for my club sessions again. That's a week and a half of not doing any exercise. I really missed it.
Comments