14.3.24 - Back to blue



Dyeing hair is a tedious and messy process. But the results are so fun and satisfying. Especially since it's blue.

It has been now 3 and a half months since I stopped drinking. I have dropped god knows how many dress sizes and I'm still losing weight. I'm back into my Harapan trousers and fitting into T-shirts and jogging bras and running shorts once again. But more than that, I am feeling GREAT. When I think of myself just before Christmas... god knows how much I spent on alcohol. At least £15 a week. £15 x 20 - what's that? £300? Possibly more. What have I spent that on instead? No idea. Wine gums? 

But my skin has continued with its unwrinkling and the energy levels - they do no return immediately, but now they have come back in spades. I do think though that my spelling has become worse and I have these lapses in my understanding of things which came so quickly. It is a bit worrying that. But the running is amazing. Yesterday I ran 5.5 km just under 45 mins. That's 7.5 km/hr. And yes, I was tired, but a good tired. Muscle definition has come back. I am now stretching 20 minutes after the run. I'm swimming. It has been so so good. 

Most of all, as in the previous post, I am taking my time. I am learning that I do not have to rush. I can luxuriate. I can alter things. I can switching things around. I can be 50 with ease and peace.

I got the tall boy that was beside my bed fixed to the kitchen wall and it felt so good to get something else up. It is all part of my recovery.

Right I'm getting ready to go for my run then it's the Christian community after that. Then cooking for Ghin. Then cleaning and getting ready for school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love