25.4.24 - All good
I know I sound very positive in these posts. I suppose I think I need to be. Mostly because of the fucking state of the planet. I mean what's there not to feel depressed about. It is true, stupidity was writ large during the so called pandemic. But the truth it is also write small every single day. The destruction of the planet. The hypnotisation of people with money. The idiocy that we do not aim for contentment and authenticity but pursue happiness. Sometimes courage does breakthrough and we have the irruption of it on campuses across countries where idealists refuse to submit to the corrupt.
In the darkest days of my wonderings - by the way I don't wonder anymore, because everyone now has shown their hand - I used to write/think/say - I can't do anything else by just continue this path because every time I stop to pause and think, well what shall I do? Will I just fold and walk away, what happens, the voice in my head (damn you that voice!) tells me, no, you cannot. You must continue to fight on the side of the angels. You CANNOT give up. You must not betray yourself. You must battle on. If you give up now, then what happens? Whom do you join? Do you want to side with THEM? No. You can't.
Well, we go on then, silently resisting. But now, the resistance is no longer silent. People will only take jackboots on their faces for so long until they rise up. And credit where credit is due. my generation of students were perfectly useless, the millennials after that were also the same but ... this generation, the woke generation, the generation of my children, they know what they have to do. They will no longer be lied to. The lies have just gotten too large. And the charge was led by the Gazans, who could not longer bear the cruelty inflicted by the Israelis. They are the compatriots of the university students who have started taking matters into their own hands.
So I stay positive. I have literally no more choice any longer. It was very funny yesterday when I told my class about Prime and other stupid things which they can choose to do... when you are 40 years old and I am dead, because I will be dead by the time you all are 40, you can come to my grave and say to me, Stephanie I now have no more teeth and a bad heart and I have diabetes and I should have listened to you. And then you can hear me say "I...told...you...so..." in a spooky voice and they all laughed.
It's nice to laugh about serious things.
Comments