#30.21 - Day 3 of Sanity

I went for my walk yesterday - and I drew and wrote and the boys came home and I felt happy and settled once again. We made Onion Soup and had grilled cheese toast. We talked and laughed and joked and tried to do our very best to make it a home again. Stitching slowly the seams together. One at a time. I thought about my own work, one dull stitch at a time. But one stitch doubtless. I have no choice. These simple things make me happy and they make sense. 

Drawing fish is easier than drawing birds is the conclusion I have come to. I chose the two fish - the Pisces - an adult salmon and a spawning salmon. One brilliant red and purple and the other a gleaming silver. One a little simple and self effacing, the other a prehistoric warrior, decked out for battle. Compared to the Aquarius, all of the complexity is in the skin of the fish, not the landscape. In fact as I did the mottles and scales, I thought how much like a landscape it was. Each single stippled back is unique, like finger prints. How could I eat animals, I wonder? It is just wrong. 

I think I may stop eating animals so much and start eating more veg. It is better for me anyway. 

I slept a long long time last night. Without a watch I slept from 8.30 pm on to 6.30 am. I must have needed it. My style is improving with each drawing. I certainly would have coloured the January drawing differently. I drew March - 3 - third month, with Neptune in the background, and the salmon, the salmon of knowledge, of course. Perhaps I will draw other March flowers in the background. Cherry blossoms... there is a lot of background. Perhaps the well at world's end where the hazelnuts fall. 

Well time to start writing again. First. I must remember what Kali Yurga is. It lasts for 285,000 years. Possibly longer...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love