#2.21 - Atlantis Sketches

We all know how this story ends, so in way it isn't about the story. The end is at the beginning, like all good epics. The story is only an excuse, an excuse to indulge my longing and yearning for this place. This place which has fascinated me ever since I first heard about it. Fascinated me so much that I ended up living on the edge of it without knowing. 

Yesterday Vishnu dreamed the Earth. So the story of Atlantis is the story of the Earth. It made me go into a trancelike state. 

=================================

The misty moon - I won't be able to see that again, thinks Darshan. Not the way it used to be. It is true, I will be a better captain, but - he recalls the sightless gaze of the blind captains and how it was a badge of honour, to be free from the external expressions which mean little to the skill required for piloting. It is because it happened so suddenly he thinks. If it happened slowly, at least I would have known. It would have been easier. It is just so sudden. 

The sight is he has now comes from the unseen spectrum. It is sight which enables him to also see the True Astral now. Instead of relying on words and facial expressions, he now sees the Astral Body. It flames about the Physical and he is able to partly understand what the Karma created by a person in their life now is. It is a sight akin to the Perception of a Scryer. 

It is distracting. This is probably why they have that gaze, Darshan realises. They are not looking at the face because they are looking at everything else. Not they, he stops himself. We. We can see everything else. The people walking in the gardens below are now flares of light with dark centres. Some are light blue, which means they are at peace. Others are a dirt orange. They are not at peace, chuckles Darshan to himself. Yet others have a rose-tinted hue. They are in love. He averts his eyes suddenly. I can see EVERYTHING. This is terrible. Everyone suddenly appears naked. No wonder we are warned when we are in the presence of the True Seeing - it is not for our sake, but theirs. This is not information which anyone would want on a regular basis. 

This is a new world, he says, looking at his own hands. The Flare around it is a gentle red. It is the colour of a wound, a pain. I am hurting, I am. There is no point denying it. The colour then deepened to a healing cut. This meant he felt the wound more deeply. Ah yes, the True Sight is opposite. It was confusing. There was so much he had to learn. He only knew snatches and overheard conversations. He would have to go for True Sight training before he would be allowed to fly again. 

Voices are heard down the corridor. I wonder if I can... before he can complete his sentence he hears them stop outside the door. They are gathering themselves. Collecting their Astrals. It is what people do when they about to be in the presence of an Altered. 

He hears the door open and then sees two people enter. He does not recognise them from their Astral Flares. 

'How are you Darshan?'

'Aminata?'

'Yes.'

'Cermia?'

'Good, your True Sight is coming into its own,' replied Aminata.

Darshan's smile is wistful, he has lost something and is unsure of what he has gained. 

'Do not worry Darshan,' consoled Aminata, 'you will get used to it.'

He can feel Cerima in his head. She is asking for permission to be there. He does not know what to do. How... Do not worry Darshan, Cerima says. Create a room and I will find it. You know how to control your thoughts and feelings. Just do this now. Create a room so that I may enter and converse with everyone. You will now be my hearing.

'It will take awhile.'

'We will wait.'

Darshan closes his eyes and he imagines a space in his mind. It is unstable first and then it becomes clearer, a space of mist and then, it is like a room. Except it is not a room... it is a place which he will now have to make everytime... Sangita, he thinks, and the room starts to dissolve.

Darshan...Cerima's bemused reminder comes to him and he flushes with some embarrassment and returns to the room.

Cerima enters. He sees her just as she was. You prefer this? she asks, he assents. Good. Now when Aminata speaks I can hear her and gesture back. And as I gesture you can hear me. Do you understand? 

It was a lot to take in, but Darshan nodded his head.

You are a smart boy, you will learn fast.

Darshan, said Aminata, I am here to talk about what you saw. What happened out there.

Yes, I know.

What you tell us Darshan is only for us, but I know you also told Covan what took place. We are here just to find out for ourselves.

He sighs heavily. If you are tired, we can return.

I am trying to remember, it is difficult.

We understand. You must try though. We need to find out ... 

How much time we have, says Cerima tightly.

So, first -

No, we will ask the questions and then you will tell us if you have anything else after we have finished. Is that alright? said Aminata.

Why doesn't Cerima just look into my mind? asks Darshan. It will be easier.

Looking into someone's is like going into a ransacked room with poor lighting. It isn't as easy as people think. 

Yes, but I've seen Scryers read minds. 

Cerima laughs, that's only if they are thinking clearly. Plus, it is an invasion of privacy. We never know what we might find and if it is all the same to you, most of us rather not find it.

So, we ask, you answer, alright? Aminata confirms.

Darshan nodds.

So, first, what happened when you arrived at Mu?

===================================================

Mu, mother civilisation, from whence everything else originates. Mu, there first, there always. Mu, the oldest and the best. Mu, the place of origin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love