#17.21 - The Uselessness of Politicians

Really, what are we to do with politicians. How completely and utterly useless are they? How did they end up shepherding all of us into this stupid neoliberal nightmare we are living in and are now incapable of leaving behind to live a sane life? The waste, the sheer waste, and the pointlessness of life.

Well, life is not going to be pointless for me. Nope. I must now, with metaphorical pick axes claw my way to the top of the frozen waterfall.

I did manage to clean the house today - the hoovered and did the laundry and washed everything. It was so so so nice to get everything done. Ready for the boys which are coming tomorrow. 

I was down at Helen's Bay yesterday and I had never seen so many people swimming here in my life - even in the summer. It seems like it is a thing now - swimming in the winter. The cold is supposed to be good for you. I don't understand it myself, i'm sure it is true. I'm sure it is the same shock which I have, the same high, when I go running in the winter, which I will do again tomorrow.

Right.

I did clean the house. Then I will also clean the car tomorrow. Most admin things have been sorted, so I can focus on Forest School tomorrow. It feels good to write again. Something about the new moon I think... not sure what... that can make things difficult. So many people I have spoken to have told me how unmotivated they feel  how unmotivated they are about doing exercising and anything else. 

I'm also doing Irish which is nice. Learnt loads of words.

I organised the table and sorted the fridge as well. Tidied the house, sorted the boys' cupboard. You know, the quiet, simple things. It was so satisfying getting the kitchen ordered. So many things still left over from Christmas. I watched and completed Dark over last week. I must limit my TV watching to an hour a day and time on social media to only only elements activities. I don't listen to the news anymore. I have no idea what's going on but I refuse to listen to it - the entire news reel is about Covid. Covid is kinda of a strange things which lives off to one side. It is something that happens offside and has this side effect on my life, but that's about it. I hate it. I hate it when people talk about it, I hate it how it is being used to cause fear and I hate the opportunism which has taken place. Most of all I hate the inability of people to see that the problem is not Covid but the lack of equality everywhere. It is ludicrous. I don't know what I can do about it.

I must also clean the car tomorrow. It is easier when the boys are here and I have a schedule around them I have to say. It is a different kind of running interference.

I watched Cobra Kai as well - most of it this weekend. It was so worrying - sort of a conservative revisionism in a funny not funny kinda way. A longing for a make believe really awful time Morning in America time when possibilities existed and the future was far away and there was a sense of carefreeness in the air. It gave off that weird vibe which I have when I meet especially my friends from Singapore who talk all the time about school - whether it is IJ or Raffles. It also made me feel a bit old. Ralph Macchio is ten years older than me - wow. And the boy who is Ralph Macchio is Oisin's age - 19. I think of my contemporaries and who are they - the singers and writers? I don't know. I can't bring them to mind. They all tend to be older or younger. Maybe Jeanette Winterson?

I have to go through all these piles on the table. 

OK.... I think that's it. I do feel much better having vented all of that. Made up my mind to have as little to do with screens as possible. I will do anything else apart from screens - clean the cupboards, the garage, garden - and if I am too tired - go to bed. Just sleep, not watch TV. I'm good now, I'm happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love