332 - 20.9.26 - 6 & 7: Lunch with wine... and baptism of swimsuit


Drought in the West

Well, I don't know what to say really. It is exactly a week since I arrived... it is now 334 days to go before August 20th which is when I could potentially go back to Ireland. I should not think so far ahead because I have no idea what is going to happen.

So here's where I'm at now.

I have, in the past 7 days, run and swim 5 times. I have definitely gains SOME weight, but it will all go when I keep this up. I am no longer obsessing over my exercising. As i said, I think that the whole last few months has been about me trying to have some control over life in general.

It has been exactly 6 months since Pa passed away. Ma has good days and bad days. We have all pulled through this really difficult time. If i let myself think about it, I could cry. So I don't let myself think about it. 

I have become fitter than I have been in decades really. I have also decided that I will run and swim two days on and one day off. I swim between 12 and 3 pm everyday. I bought myself a new swimsuit. I still need to buy some running shoes. I may do that in Queensway when I have the chance.

But I will be just doing that. So that's my fitness covered. 

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll do all the finance admin.

Everything else is a little bit here and there... I am writing, I am editing, I am playing the piano, I am researching... I am really living in the spirit of the sabbatical.

It has been just over a week I have been here. I do feel very super lucky about all this.

Meanwhile the world has gone nuts. Really nuts. Why they fuck cant people stand up to Trump and the west I don't know. Surely to god they are stronger than all of these people put together. I did not think that they would end up capitulating to these assholes. 

Anyway - I am hungry now. I want to have the buah keluak. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love

The Central Business District