315 - 31.8.26 - 15: Spiderwebs and Cat Hair
Before I left for Singapore in July, I did several things to make my return easier. I said that Gary could only go into my room. He would only have dry food which made life a lot easier for the fly carnage. I closed the rest of the house, lie closed doors and windows and blinds. In the future I will put down a cloth on the staircase and the front door - to stop the car hairs from accumulating.
In any case, despite all these efforts, the spiderwebs and cat hairs were EVERYWHERE. It took me almost 2 hours to hoover the house and sort it all out. I was so tired at the end of it.
So I went out and got something to eat and then watched lots of TV> I rewatched Inception and immediately realised the premise of the film - his not being able to see his children was actually dreamlike. I mean it is stupid. It's a film right? But that thing in a dream when you try as much as you can and you can't do the thing which you want to do - which is he seeing his children. I think they whole thing is a dream. There are much more practical suggestions for reuniting with his family than breaking into someone's dream. Like relocate the children to a place where he can be with them. Like why couldn't they come to Paris which he could clearly go to? And their grandfather could also be there. The entire thing is ridiculous. Maybe he was one of the people who are inside the dream, the one hooked up to the dreaming part of things.
Anyway, as much as I don't like Nolan, I think Inception is probably his best film. All the other stupid films are just overblown nonsense. Especially Oppenheimer. I was so disappointed with that. I watched 28 Days Later and that was brilliant. Cillian Murphy was wonderful in it. I can see why Nolan decided to cast him as Scarecrow in Batman I remember seeing Batman and thinking, OMG who is this guy? That was when I first noticed Cillian Murphy. And now he is one of the most famous actors on the planet. Coming from lil ol Ireland.
A woodpiegeon is cooing. The days start off dark and cool. I must do the garden today after I settle Ghin. Monday, last day of the holidays. The bank holiday. I am so glad I have a sabbatical this year. So glad. I think I was the second longest serving teacher in that school. Am. Julie being the other one, by at least a decade. After Gabriel left, I was the next Lower School teacher.
So cool. Cool and comfortable. At first it was too cold, and then I readjusted, just like that.
So today.
Collect Ghin
Adjustment
Run
Garden
House
The large things have already been done. I did the Positive Conduct Policy, I did the school's garden, I cleaned the house. Now it's just keeping things ticking over until I leave. There are things, but that's me for the time being.
My heart, my heart, my heart.
My sons. My family. My stories. I think this year is the year of the stories. Of running and swimming and human rights. And cleaning the house for Ma. And, of course, Ma.
Comments