326 - 15.9.26 - 2: Returning to normal?
Trump thought that a quick visit to Ireland would strengthen his Irish American voter base for the mid terms, instead he was ambushed by Uachtaran Connelly who, being a menopaused woman, told him genocide was terrible and then made him sign the guest book on the world's smallest desk. Then Irish people, virulent pro Palestinian supporters and have been livid about the genocide taking place in the Levant now for the past four years, went to bat for the Gazans and Lebanese by staging a demonstration in Dublin, followed by several imaginative ways of telling the US and Trump what they thought of him.
Trump did not get the political capital he was hoping to make. Instead he got inflatables and humiliation - and the Irish, as usual, took the upper hand and told him where to get off. Very proud of the people of my adopted land.
Well, yesterday, I went for my run. Then we commenced with eating at Yishun Mall, then I followed Jac to Lentor Mall to change Ma's diapers, and then I did my Duolingo, fell asleep for a bit, went for a swim and then went to Tanjong Pagar with Jac.
Singapore. This place.
I was talking to Jac and said, you know what - I don't know anything about the history of South East Asia. I think I am going to do that - do some history of South East Asia reading while I'm here. The place is just as baffling to me as it always has been. It is so fucking complicated. I feel like for some unknown reason the history of Europe is more coherent, even though it has the same amount of complicated ethnicities and nations and tribes, etc...
Singapore. Maybe I could start with this story of Singapore. Before colonialism - look I'll just focus on Miriam and the Myna. And that will be that.
It is almost 1030 now.
So, I will do some editing and them some writing. Then I'll do some admin and then go for a swim. Then around 3 pm we'll go to Sheng Siong.
I had breakfast with Oisin today and I said to him, as we walked back, that I now feel like I have arrived. These is a definite coda to all of the shenanigans which began in March. What a year eh... what a life. I told Ma that I can't quite believe that I did everything. This is my year of resting.
Well... let me see. I think some editing and then some writing and then some piano playing and then some swimming. We head at 3 pm to Sheng Siong.
Let's see
11 am: Editing
12 pm: Writing
1 pm: Piano
2 pm: Swim
3 pm: Sheng Siong
6 pm: Dinner
8 pm: Admin
10 pm: Sleep
And so the days passes. I actually don't know if I'm jet lagging anymore. It's all so pointless at this stage.
Comments