#168.21 - OK, time to get a grip

A return to the blog. 

I am now out by 10 days. It has been a really up and down year. Even more up and down than last year as we try and manage coming out and staying in at the same time. It's mental.

On the one hand clearly the whole pandemic thing is not as serious as they ministers have told us since people like the man who began all this Neil Oliver or whatever his name was AND Matt Hancock where breaking social distancing rules and have affairs. 

Exactly how does this work now? Do these people have no actual moral compass? On the one hand people have killed themselves, died and been unable to see loved ones. On the other hand they have been conducting affairs and being in contact with people whom they should not have been in contact with. They are revolting. I'm so glad I no longer live with Peter. The hypocrisy is what kills me.

I have never been frightened of this virus. Nothing I have seen apart from a health service which is being run to the ground and forcing people to take up cashless societies and atomise people have made me think about the mentalness of the entire situation. 

I have does the facemask thing which still makes no sense, never sanitised my hands and never gone around wiping down every surface. Essentially apart from the face mask and the hand washing it has been pretty much business as usual. I have not fallen ill once. Not once. It has been mad. In over two years I have not been ill once. I have been very tired, it is true, but I am not ill ill. No cold, no cough, no flu. Nothing.

It is as if I have forgotten to be ill. It is weird. So I will say something. Social distancing does stop the transfer of illness. That is true. Is this a good thing? I do not know. I think not. I think we should try and be ill with small illnesses once in a while. Possibly twice or three times a year. Just to keep the immune system strong.

Apart from that there is the madness of the vaccination. Heidi and I are now practically the only people who have not had the jab. And I am not having it for the boys. I watch with fascination that Israel in which the so called Delta variant is tearing through the population - that the Israelis are vaccinating everyone. This makes me think that vaccination must be safe because if the Israelis are doing it and they are all about their 'people' then they would do nothing to harm them. 

So I think on balance it is probably safe. But still, I'd wait. I'd wait and see. So this time next year maybe to see how it all plays out. I'd take it to travel to Singapore.

What else? 

The entire Covid thing has been just operating away at the back of my mind really. Just bubbling along. I am a bit bored of the whole thing now.

However there is the whole is it a serious illness or not aspect given the behaviour of the people in charge. From UEFA to the concerts, to ministers, to the G7. It is all a charade. It has all been used to just make people stop. Everything no longer makes sense. It is clear that this has not been a serious illness all along or if it has been then for some reason these people are immune to it - or don't really care. 

The more I think about it the less I should think about it. Bottom line is for me

1. The social mores are respected around mask and hand washing.
2. I'm taking a wait and see approach with the vaccine. Why I should trust someone who has no idea what's going on to be railroaded into taking a vaccine I don't really need I don't know. I felt like that about the flu vaccine and about the million other vaccines which I don't need.
3. I am not travelling unnecessarily. People who end up in airports honestly - what is the point?
4. Looking after those which I  can look after. Making sure that they are safe.

Meanwhile a million things are taking place in my life which I need to do. I am going mental with it as well. I have no idea what's going on.

So, today, I'm going to clean the house first. Then I'm going to put down another blog. I have so many things to update. 

Then I'm going to have to prep for school. After that Forest School loads of emails need to be sent out and updated. I need to get a grip. Get a hold of my life again. 

The Meaning of Eternity
The slip and slide of a retrograde,
the glide and gliss of time,
the push and pull of illusion,
of solution into dissolution,
of split and seam
all 14 billion years in the making.
There - somewhere - in the eye of the comma,
of the centre of the spiral of the cosmos of the
infinite dark dust that strings up
Space with Time
with solitude's infinitude -
a kernel is about to be
freed
About to grow,
about
to bring meaning to doubt and
fruition to patience.
There in the swash and backswash of thought
between breath and breathing are possibilities
about to unfurl.
So I see your fist, tightly curled,
blood-filled frond, fleshy nautilus, pink-nailed lotus
and witness it release all the devotion which
Our time brings.
The centre of a palm bleeds for
the invisible tracery of gothic arches,
the majesty of the Alhambra,
the stars that must dance around,
wheel about a Moongate.
Into a hand is commended a spirit.
And it goes on. On and on and on.
And - it never ever ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love