#121.21 - That was Sunday

I have had the BEST weekend. It has been chilled and beautiful and restful and I cleaned the house. I bedding will be done by 9 pm this evening and then Ghin and I will have supper.

Here is this week's blackboard drawing.



I'm really delighted with it. It is possibly the most arty drawing I have done. Everything else has been very much a reproduction of what was on the page... the image. Even the bust of Alexander was more or less a reproduction. Here I have had to interpret the head... I can see why Picasso and the modernists fell in love with African art when they first encountered it. There is something really truthful about it. Going to the essence, looking past the illusion to try and distill the spirit of the person.

It reminds me of what Basquiat used to do. I remember seeing his exhibition in the Serpentine in 1990. It was incredible. 


After this I will clear the table downstairs and do my lessons for the week. Ghin and I were talking about organising the house. This has become home for the both of us. 

I didn't go running today because the injuries are still very sore. I've apparently also twisted my wrist a bit. Well, anyway, it is what it is.

After a week, a really quick week, I'm back. It went swiftly too. Just flew in. This one will go fast as well. Loads to do before we get back up again as well.

I'm going to have something to eat after I clean up down stairs and then start with the class prep for this week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love