#113.21 - A House of One's Own
The run was fantastic today (yes it my blog I will write about running all the time if I want to.) Cold and frost gliding everything and just the waking up as the body heads out over the hills. The steepest part of the hill was easier yet again today. When I say easy I mean relatively. I did have to stop but I could see I could stop at a later crack in the paving and I could start earlier as well. So the walking was reduced to a little over 40 metres... possibly less, then all other hills are non existent. Even the last hill back up which used to be semi formidable. I am able not only to run through the top but still have another ten minutes left in me which I don't take because I end up doing my sit ups and stretching instead. I'm up to 45 sit ups at the minute which is the number of sit ups I used to do in Belvoir when I was running. The stretches get easier and easier. I'm now lunging 20 per time and my flexibility is almost where I feel I can do the suryanamaskar probably in two weeks time. I'll say till the end of the month. In May I'll tag it on.
I now sit in the office upstairs because the sun comes in here in the morning. I was never here at this time and did not realised how the sun comes into the front room and leaves the rest of the house very cold until the end of the day.
I should really make the bathroom a glass wall to let in all the light. Even the window should be in this side to do that.
I have an idea for my garden now - the theme will be the Garden of Paradise. What is in the Garden? Birds, fruit, healing plants and lots and lots of bees. Now that I have the theme, I will start collecting things and ideas from around the world. The ash tree will be Yggsdrasil, the world tree, and today I saw the blackbird eating the ivy berries from the tree. I will have to carefully prune the ivy.
Fruit - wild and cultivars
Roses of various kinds
Scented balms e.g. lemon balm, etc for the shady spots and a pond
Lilac, various
Wisteria for the front of the house
Tulips and various types of bulbs - daffodils and naricissi
Edibles, of course
Wildflowers
Perfect - and I am going to spend about £2,000 in four years - £500 per year, not including paying the gardener
I will start next year so I have time to save.
I calculated while running today that I'm exactly at the halfway mark - eight weeks gone and another eight to go. I still don't understand how I have managed to become fitter than I have ever been in the last ten years in the past five weeks. It must be the hill/resistance training. So weird.
Right some Irish and then I'm going to clean the house. I love cleaning the house on Saturday. Then shop for the lemons and limes and autism. I will head to the classroom at 2 pm today. Stay for an hour and a half. Back home to do more tidying and organisation. Clssroom planning and I have had the BEST and I mean the BEST and most restful holiday ever - in AGES!!! I highly recommend divorce. It really agrees with me.
Comments