#333 - I promised myself
I said four stories, short stories per month. I have written no short stories in four months and now three in three days. I have written something about paradise and Eden in an attempt to find something about the start of a story. The best stories I do are the ones I just begin. I simply start.
I also have 13 more entries before I am caught up with all of the entries for this year. I have to say I am determined to do this. If I do three entries a day till the end of the year that would be six entries. I just need two entries per day.
I did promise myself the next story would be about a bird. But I can't decide which bird.
I keep thinking, Robin. I see them everyday. They are so bolshi and cute. I also think blackbird on account of its marvelous song. And then the show off in my would like a Simurgh or a Pheonix - the Bennu bird that lived in Heliopolis, the City of the Sun.
The thing about these magical places is that I am so certain they not only once existed, but still exist. It is so frustrating that I cannot visit them. Often when I visit a new place, I love doing this anyway because they are so exciting, discovering a new place where I am anonymous and I can simply disappear. I love that. But then it is very annoying because I can't be in the places which I read about in myths. The latest place was Balor's palace which exists in the dimly lit country beneath Ireland. The obsession is Atlantis, obviously. But Heliopolis, the Heliopolis of Christ, is the other one.
Everytime I hear the story of the Bennu bird and Heliopolis I see the city as it used to be. But then I think, sure what is more incredible the Bennu bird or the Arctic tern that flies as far away as Australia and ends up here somehow one its own? That is incredible right?
Comments