4.2.26 - 42 - Recovery
Yesterday I made Borscht soup, bought £20 more worth of veg and the diet is kinda still holding. I ate the last of the fudge brownie yesterday.
I did no writing, apart from the blog. I did doze. I felt much better. But very guilty. But I knew that if I continued it would just be diminishing returns. I am DONE - DONE - working through being ill.
I am too old for that shit.
I also recced the site which was good.
All is good.
Right.
I also didn't charge my phone fully so it ran out just before I went to sleep and I read Thomas Pynchon instead. Then I had strange dreams of the landscape which he was writing about. It reminded me of Fitzgerald's description of the wasteland which Dr Oetker overlooks. America, the wasteland.
I wash and cleanse myself of the decay which this world has made and I rejoice at the revelation of the ugliness which has been hidden for so long. The Emperor literally has no clothes. To hear Andrew Marr try and make excuses of Mandelson was just so gross. Ian Hislop was fantastic. I love him. Speaking out when he can speak out. And speaking all that truth to power. He is just wonderful. That is how you make the most of a privileged education. I know he could do more, but he already does so much.
So I take up Michael's sword. It is not some nice to do thing - it is a thing which we must always remember needs done. We fight. We protect. We advance. We maintain. It is what we do.
Comments