15.2.26 - 51 - Bortles!
The American Bar - here we have the scarf of the Jacksonville Jaguars which until this picture was taken I was sure was a fictional team. Turns out it is not a fictional team made up for The Good Place.
Yer Man
Once again, we laughed A LOT. The American Bar was busy-ish. It was alright. But it was also so fun. We didn't catch up so much as just exchanged the news and swapped stories about life. I don't do nostalgia with friends. I mean they may do it, but I find discussing memories of the past boring at best and embarrassing at worst. Even the good memories are cringe. It's like clapping yourself on the back. Ugh. Who wants that? Maybe I'm just weird.
Anyway, that was a good night. I love how my life is balanced. That I'm not running from pillar to post being 'busy', but really doing stupid things. Stupid things which enable people into being toxic and then patting yourself on the back when you succeed by idiotic standards. Look at the Epstein class. Crammed with people from 'prestigious' institutions and universities, billionaires, heads of state and all of them utter utter assholes. I thank the fuck everyday I had nothing to do with the mess which has been created over the last 30 years. I could have but I refused to take part in it. EVERYONE in proximity with that shit - whether you were cooking for these dicks, flying the plane or procuring the services - they are all gross. Disgusting. I have no doubt that the worst thing you could possibly imagine about these people is possible. They are so obsessed with idiotic things like looking young and having sex and being at the right parties and the right tables that they would do anything, anything at all. It's gross.
So I love it that my life is small and modest and I do things which I believe in and that I have time to see friends on a regular basis, just sit and watch TV and my sons are lovely human beings. That I do not have to spend every fucking hour I am alive trying to make a quick buck by preying on the insecurities of other people - people who have the money - to try and gain the system to get where they are going. It is all gross and disgusting and I am glad I have nothing to do with that.
My life is carefully edited. And sometimes, it is important that I recognise that people who are assholes will try and take advantage of the things which I value because they see it as me wasting my time. And I must guard against that.
I told my mother that I would drop everything to be with them, but it has to be an emergency. For now. For the longer term, managing the transition would be a better idea. But I have no doubt that my life is going to be spread across two places. Ireland which is my real home and Singapore... especially if the boys end up there. I hate Singapore with every fibre of my being. It is total maya. People who live in Singapore hate Singapore. I feel sorry for the chumps who run the place. They must be constantly living on the fumes which come from living in such a crazy place.
But for now, it is here. And actually over the last two days, it has consolidated how I am feeling about this - the visit to Brú na Bóinne and the madness of the planet. Being on the edge of the Atlantic, we can keep it real.
Comments