4.2.26 - 41 - The most evil country supported by the most evil people
Move aside South Africa, the British Empire, the Dutch Empire, the Congo Massacre - there is a new monster in history. It will go alongside the last days of Rome, the persecution of the Christians, the torture of minorities, yes the German Holocaust - the new monster. Enabled by monsters. The richest people in the world - and was this the best they could do? All white boomers - with exceptions - like Elon Musk. All the money in the world and this is what they have chosen to do with all that money? They have no imagination. No connection to humanity. No soul. That is where I made the mistake. I thought they were like us - but they are not like us. There is a part of their humanity which is missing and with this missing part of their humanity they are capable of anything. The ultimate machine - except that the machine is bereft of a person within.
I am rereading Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49. I am now reading it as an understanding the maximalist writing. The overlaying and the racism, the sexism, the classicism. It's the kind of clever writing which academics love. I hope it does go somewhere. I read it so long ago I have forgotten what it's about.
In the first five pages it is a homage to the decaying of America - the failure of the project, including the way in which the arms industry supports a small town. The poverty of the working class. The anxiety of the middle classes. Oedipa Max is the Odysseus in this madness which she has been given a quest to set upon. A world made of insane men. Maybe Pynchon has a point after all. We will see. There's even a secret society. And his writing is so dense that it is almost an initiation to read it.
But the other thing about the Epstein files is that these people are just insane. They are insane. Louche. Reprehensible. Are obsessed. Is that all they have? Being obsessed with young children? Having sex with girls or boys which are so much younger than them. Which have been bought for them as if they are commodities. Who cares if they are not 9 or 5 or 2? The point is that if you are human trafficking you are a monster. It is rape as these people are not able to give their consent - they have been tricked into the positions they are in and threatened to stay silent. And they pick on vulnerable people - children who have no parents or whose parents abused them. I am just so grossed out that I just want to leave this planet.
What planet is this that people cannot be brought to justice, that they cannot be made accountable? Hopefully the files mean that the time of Zionism is also at an end. Secrets can no longer be held. Everything is out in the open.
Mandelson - it is clear now he was put into the NI Office as part of his way back to politics. NI was seen as a dispensable place. He almost destroyed the peace process. Something dark about him. Not by halves. He is clearly a psychopath without a conscience. That's why there is something dark about him. He has no soul. No conscience. I think that to be a billionaire you have to be a psychopath. You just have to. And to be billionaire adjacent or aspirant, you too need to be corrupted.
I go back to school today. Fully recovered. No half way. Not almost there. I am now much better. Much much better.
I should have taken Friday off. I should have. But hey ho. Here we are.
Comments