#5.20 - A good start

Right at the start of this year!


It seems weird that at the grand old age of 49 I finally know what I want and how to go about getting it. Quite possibly, the enormity of full time working and being a mother to young children may have had something to do with it. The stresses and strains of the last twenty years have really been something else. However, now that 49 is underway, something has fallen into place, and here we are.

So I just wanted to put this down in terms of my plans. So here are some goals.

Health:
Exercise: Run daily - 25 - 30 mins, not more. Stretch - Suryanamaskar (7 times) and leg stretch. Sit ups 50.
Just out of interest, my calendar that I'm using this year is from 2018 to record this, and I can see I am fitter now than I was then.

Diet: I have constructed a diet which I am going to follow over the next month. It is very boring, but I am best with boring. As I have long suspected exercising does not help you lose weight. Eating the correct amount (which is half of what we normally it) does. To this end I am going to follow this sensible diet which will be good for me, without having to starve myself to death.

Creativity:
Writing: Follow Dorothea Brand's On Becoming a Writer. Last year I promised myself I would write everyday - and I did. I blogged every day about everything. Somethings were banal, others were frustration, but I got up and I blogged everyday at 4 am since I came back from Singapore. And it has worked. Over the holidays I have followed Brand's exercises and I have to say that the foundations I lay for last year have come to fruition. To write on demand and to write with flow. So that is the aim - to follow her instructions for this coming year.

Art: Do two bird paintings a week.

Piano/Music: Learn 6 new Goldberg Variations. I have also started a new music list on Sportify 2020. In my old music list there are 500 songs! Some old, some new - I am really delighted with my music.

Language: Learn Irish

Study: I have signed up for an anthroposophical course on Light and Electricity. Very excited about that too.

Knitting: I am learning how to knit socks!

Garden:
Do half an hour of gardening a day

House: Have a housework routine. This has been made infinitely easier by the boys taking on household tasks.

Elements: Have this established by the end of the year.

I have also learned how to serve in the Christian Community.

There is, of course school and other things, but these all have their own rhythm. They are not rhythms I have to create for myself.

So, hello 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love