#21.20 - Millin Bay Cairn
![]() |
| And a great evening was had by all |
![]() |
| Pheasant pluckers |
![]() |
| And the pheasant was no more |
![]() |
| Didn't even know this place existed |
![]() |
| What we saw... |
Yesterday, I put out a call to see the stars. I said, I am terrified of going to Nendrum so would anyone like to come along? And people said, yes!!! Then Celia Spoucer offered her place - a house beside a 4,000 year old neolithic site. I hadn't seen Celia for AGES so I said, absolutely!!! Let us go!!! So Emma, Sarah, Eileen and then Zoe! and the four girls turned up.
It was quite a troop by the time we all landed in Celia's kitchen. A brace of pheasants greeted us and Emma instantly decided she was going to have the feathers.
But the STARS!!! OMG. We saw EVERYTHING...
The Milky Way!!! Since we had been doing astronomy in school Milla was well prepared. I had brought the iPad and showed people the star map and talked about the stars we expected to see. The various constellations. So there was Orion. We always start with Orion because he is the most obvious constellation. Then we head to Canis Major to the left and the brightest star - Sirius, the dog star. Then we go right and we have Taurus - with its shining eye - the Bull of Heaven. We then saw Auriga, the Charioteer and well... we saw everything. The Orion Nebula, the Unicorn... Pleiades... it was all just amaaaaazing...
Then after that, we went in and had lots of tea, followed by lots of great amazing convo. We caught up, in a fashion and then Celia invited us back!!!! So I am totally taking up that offer for the rest of the class.
=================
I can tell you that doing Astronomy, in particular the constellations has been one of the most important things I have ever done in my life. To look up at the stars and call them by name, know their stories, it was like reconnecting to the past. In fact you look into the past when you see the stars because their light is centuries old. Also, the skies are above you at all time. You can look up and see them. AND you suddenly realise your place in the universe. You and the cosmos - it is just you and the cosmos. The entire cosmos suddenly feels like home. This my neighbourhood, my place in the world. I go out at night and I see those stars. Steiner says that we travel through them, through all of the constellations to collect the organs and parts of our physical bodies - so our blueprint comes from the stars - and we then incarnate on the Earth. So looking into the stars is our reminder of home. And It is critical we do this as part of the Roman Empire. I made the mistake of not doing the stars in any meaningful way the last time round because I thought I HAVE to do the planets first, and then I ran out of time. No, I know now, the STARS are the most important part of astronomy.
This is our home. This is where we live, Earth. This is our place. We are here. They are there. They are with us. Accompanying us, loving us. Looking after us. Guiding us. The sense I get from the stars is one of intense love and companionship. I cannot explain it at all. Like they know us. To bring our consciousness to them is something which is returned manifold.
This world has to be enough for us - because it is. Our friends, our companions, our hearts - that is all enough. And when it is enough then we will have arrived at a centre. An equilibrium. It is as much as we deserve.
But the STARS!!! OMG. We saw EVERYTHING...
The Milky Way!!! Since we had been doing astronomy in school Milla was well prepared. I had brought the iPad and showed people the star map and talked about the stars we expected to see. The various constellations. So there was Orion. We always start with Orion because he is the most obvious constellation. Then we head to Canis Major to the left and the brightest star - Sirius, the dog star. Then we go right and we have Taurus - with its shining eye - the Bull of Heaven. We then saw Auriga, the Charioteer and well... we saw everything. The Orion Nebula, the Unicorn... Pleiades... it was all just amaaaaazing...
Then after that, we went in and had lots of tea, followed by lots of great amazing convo. We caught up, in a fashion and then Celia invited us back!!!! So I am totally taking up that offer for the rest of the class.
=================
I can tell you that doing Astronomy, in particular the constellations has been one of the most important things I have ever done in my life. To look up at the stars and call them by name, know their stories, it was like reconnecting to the past. In fact you look into the past when you see the stars because their light is centuries old. Also, the skies are above you at all time. You can look up and see them. AND you suddenly realise your place in the universe. You and the cosmos - it is just you and the cosmos. The entire cosmos suddenly feels like home. This my neighbourhood, my place in the world. I go out at night and I see those stars. Steiner says that we travel through them, through all of the constellations to collect the organs and parts of our physical bodies - so our blueprint comes from the stars - and we then incarnate on the Earth. So looking into the stars is our reminder of home. And It is critical we do this as part of the Roman Empire. I made the mistake of not doing the stars in any meaningful way the last time round because I thought I HAVE to do the planets first, and then I ran out of time. No, I know now, the STARS are the most important part of astronomy.
This is our home. This is where we live, Earth. This is our place. We are here. They are there. They are with us. Accompanying us, loving us. Looking after us. Guiding us. The sense I get from the stars is one of intense love and companionship. I cannot explain it at all. Like they know us. To bring our consciousness to them is something which is returned manifold.
This world has to be enough for us - because it is. Our friends, our companions, our hearts - that is all enough. And when it is enough then we will have arrived at a centre. An equilibrium. It is as much as we deserve.





Comments