308 - 24.8.26 - 8: Singapore
There is a reason I left Singapore. It is a police state. It is a police state high on its own Kool Aid. It believes that it is the tippy toppy toppiest part of the pyramid and that it is so clever. The people who run it have been told they are so clever all their lives. To make things very bad, it also suffers from the Asian deferential disease. So people who think they are clever can have great ideas and no one will tell them it is stupid. Also many people do not have the best interests of the people of Singapore in mind. They mind the GDP and the economy and the pockets of the people who stand to make lots of money in destruction and construction, but that is it. They are not interested in off ramping the place, creating a real culture, cultivating a voice which is unique and our own. Everything is churned out crap. It's so embarrassing.
Anyhow, their latest madness is the developing the Southern Islands so that they become the Western Island. I don't understand how the geographical cardinals have changed. How as the Southern Islands become the Western Island? It's a bit mad.
Anyway... I have spent far too long raging about the mess Singapore is on in FB this morning and watching TV. I'm going to go for a run now. At Belvoir Park Forest. I'll come back and sort out the garage and then if I still have any energy I'll put together the slide presentation for Thursday on positive conduct policy for ND students.
It's so heartbreaking. I can't believe it. I really cannot. I am incensed. Furious. I am speechless. The assholes in the cabinet who cannot say no to a bulldozer. It's so pathetic.
Comments