222 - 11.8.26 - -5: Towards an end







Let's start with the outing yesterday - Oisin came along. We went to SIT and had breakfast there. Sup Kambing - which is what I think inspired mullankatawny soup. They did steal everything didn't they? We then walked to the shoreline and had a shop at NTUC. And we took a long walk around. I was actually tired when I got back. After two episodes of OITNB I went for my run and then swim. I had two glasses of wine. I saw the boys at the club - they had lunch. We bought drinks and 4 Fingers Chicken for Ghin. Then after that we headed back where I completed the series - the entire series - which was great - but I did end up spoiling it a bit, but only because I found some characters sooo annoying. Most annoying was Aleida, Dara's mother, and there was another character... can't remember which one, but she was ESPECIALLY annoying. The attachment disorder was so severe that she kept on making the most irrational decisions. There were also some people who kept on making the most stupid decisions. I guess that's why they are where they are.

I tried to go to bed and the boys were watching Train to Busan which I thought I had seen, but in fact, because it was a zombie film, I had not. I detest zombie films because they have one plot point - apart from the 28 Days films - they were good. But the utter lack of plotline and relying on zombies to get them through the film... the other film genre I don't watch are war films, especially WWI and WWII films based in Europe and the US especially Holocaust films because the west is obsessed with them as if a fucking Holocaust did not occur anywhere else. So exhausting.

I had not exercises regularly last week - I think I had 4 days of no exercise, although I did do lots of other things, like walking around. But I have decided on the days I don't exercise I will eat less. I did look up if any gains would be affected and they said no. In fact, its good to rest, especially after working out for such a long time regularly. But I'm back on the working out and I'll be running and swimming everyday during the week at least. 

It was the actual National Day yesterday. The club was really empty because most people had left Singapore. The French people had gone back to France - definitely a distinct lack of white women cyclist in Gardens, and I think most Singaporeans had taken advantage of the long weekend and fucked off to somewhere else. Gardens was quiet and cool. 

I am leaving Thursday next week, which I find very hard to believe. Six or seven weeks here... and I also looked at the workout/fitness plan - because it ends this week - and I can't believe I did do it. I did exercise like fuck. And I did lose the weight. My next entry is going to be about my next level in the fitness journey.

But I also want to say that we have now done almost 5 months of Pa's passing. What is the cure for sadness? The love of other people. It has been really a lesson to me, the importance of other people in your life. I know, for a fact, that Ma would have struggled if I had gone back to Ireland. But having the boys here - which helped me so much - and having Jac come round regularly - that has enabled Ma to grieve, but also remember that we are here for her. 

Here for her, always, that she is loved.

Will always be loved. And it is a kind of weaving. A weaving of the everyday. And as each day is woven, another layer is added... the passing of days is a balm, a thing which is made possible... stepping into the window of another life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love