303 - 23.8.26 - 6: Back
Virgo
Returned on Thursday evening and spent the last two days recovering. It has been tough being away from the boys and MA but such a relief to no longer be in Singapore which is properly awful now. I mean it's really awful. Give me the silence and the coolness and relief of Ireland any day. Not to mention the history and literature and beauty and the lovely people.
I'm going to serve at mass today. I've been up since 1 am. I am still bounding between wakefullness and sleep. I am really not doing well. But I should get my finger out and start doing stuff today. I have one week to prep for the start of term, which is next Tuesday.
I've jumpstarted the machine after two and a half days of languishing about. I miss the pool, that's about the only thing which i miss about Singapore. What is Singapore like?
It is imcredibly materialistic and people are so hard. I have noticed that Chinese Singaporeans are really difficult people. They seem to be so discontented with life, as if they were owed something better and this wasn't delivered. It is such a nightmare dealing with them.
The entitlement is off the scale.
Anyway. After the mass today I'll head for my run somewhere - maybe Belvoir Park Forest or up the lanes. Then I'll sort out the garage and hoover the house. Listening to the Who is the Sky? tour. A man asked me on the plane where I had seen the David Byrne concert. I said oh in Singapore. He then looked so horrified that I stopped talking to him... maybe my breath was bad after 13.5 hours on the plane. I am not going to take morning flights from now on.
After the run and the clean, I'll start looking at the thinking part of things. I did spend 5 hours on Tiktok which I had reinstalled three days ago and I have deleted it again. I was looking at far too much of the return of Prince Harry content. That's enough, I had to tell myself. I was also watching far too much content on interviews with actors that I love.
I think I need a survival strategy for Singapore. Somehow I must bring the Irishness which I love to that part of the world. It has almost certainly gotten worse over the last thirty years. I think globalisation is wearing itself out and so many people are going to end up being punished for things which are not their fault.
I have 19 days here so I am going to make the most of them in the sense that I am going to love Ireland. I have had enough watching TV. More than enough. It is a still grey day.
Comments