219 - 7.8.26 - -10: Chinatown and a day of meals






























Well it has been a week and it is still not over.

Monday - Returned from Johor

Tuesday - Went to see exhibition in Asian Civilisations Museum

Wednesday - Went to Changi and saw The Odyssey

Thursday - A day of meals and then walked around in Chinatown after dusk

Today we will head to see the David Byrne 'Who is the Sky?' gig.

In between all of this there was lots of conversation and laughter. Like today I discovered that Jac used to tutor a child of someone I went to RJC with - and spent lots of time with in the Track and Field team. It's raining. Oisin is planning to head to Bali so I put him in touch with Deena who has a cousin who owns a place there. Then we chatted more about things in JC. Oisin then accused me of being a pick me and possibly a mean girl as well. Because I used to be in the Track and Field team. Was I? I said, and they all piled on and made fun of me. It was all very good natured.

But it has been a week. I loved walking around Chinatown which has become very gentrified. All the grime has been washed off the houses and everything is clean and well painted. The Chinatown of gutters and trash and smells are a thing of the past. New shiny condominiums and hotels, all glittering in the dark. Beside them is the Tanjong Pagar HDB flats, and the swimming pool and the community centre. 


OK I'm gonna go now and do the rest of the day. It is 11.15 and it feels like 2 pm. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love