217 - 5.8.26 - -12: Heaven







Listening to the set list for 2026's David Byrne tour. It starts off with Heaven. It kind of is my spirit animal. Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens. 

So, the story of the saga with the DW next door, is that she is now leaving. Which is great. With her permission in contacted MOM and they escalated it. And the agent was involved and there was a meeting with the employer, my neighbour, and she is now allowed to go home. I also contacted HOME and they were also great. There is help out there - people just have to be able to ask for it. I wonder if the women get, as part of their training, what recourse they have should they encounter abuse and what they are entitled to. She told Yati to tell me thanks. I don't know what will happen to her now, but she is away from this demon. Honestly the scolding she was subjected to was brutal. And other things were even worse. It was mad. 

But fair play to MOM and Home and even the agent. They did something about it. 

Sometimes when I am half asleep I get this really intense feeling of being back looking after the boys when they are young. Yesterday we were laughing at the inappropriate films that Peter had shown the boys which were extremely traumatising, often involving children being abused by parents. This included The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Goodbye Mr Chips!. Anyway, when I discovered he was playing these regularly for Oisin and even his friends, I threw them away. I also threw away The Pursuit of Haapyness because it showed a boy being abandoned by his mother. Honestly, it was insane. Ghin told me, I didn't see those first two films, and I said that's because I threw it out. It was insane. Ghin said that after he had seen one of the films, it was as if dad knew that it was traumatising and I couldn't fall asleep. He asked me 'Did you find that shocking, did you?' Some of the stories which the boys tell me about him and the things they did really make me wonder about him sometimes. 

In the end, they did survive. And they are now here.

I'm listening to the David Byrne concert. I'm taking a break from the running today - maybe I'll run later at the gym. But I do think I need to rest today as well. It was a bit depressing to realise that it will take me another 4 months to get where I would like to be. Very depressing. But sure, what else can we do right? It is what it is. I am definitely going to lose the tummy by the end of next week I'd say, but the butt, that's a different story. That will be another couple of months. And some changes in diet. But it will be alright. It will be well worth it. 

The exhibition yesterday was astounding. But spending time with Ghin was the real treasure. And the truth is that I don't need a fancy place. Just a simple good enough place. It doesn't have to be a Sheraton Hotel. It can be just a simple normal regular place. Clean and respectable. The food doesn't have to be overengineered, just simple and good. The coolest piece was the astrolabe and the rock crystal horse head. It was amazing really. The pieces dated from 12th to 18th century and what it showed was the levels of skill and beautiful... listening to 'Nothing But Flowers' for the David Byrne gig. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love