351 - 10.10.26 - Small wins
The last three weeks has been exhausting. Ma has a dodgy knee. She's had it for a long time, but in the last three weeks it has flared up. This week we went to see the doctor and got her some pain relief. But we also started doing some basic physio. In the last 12 hours the leg has greatly improved. The swelling has gone down and she's feeling less pain. I am feeling relief.
Little wins.
Anyway.
I did more editing yesterday. We went to PS Cafe and it was nice but as always I think the food is only a little better than ok. Definitely not enough to say, oh that's a great place to go. The key lime pie was great though. I ran and swam. The smoke from the forest forest fires still burns. I'd say that by the time they are gone, the forests of Borneo will be wiped out.
I finally brought myself to look at the map where the most fires were and it was with horror I saw that they were very near Jambi, around Harapan. So what has happened is that the secondary rainforests have regrown and they are clearing them again. Did they already cut the timber and are now clearing the land to plant more sawit? This is a disaster. The last time round they let the forest return. Sawit will destroy any hope of that.
Ok so the season isn't worse than usual. It's the lack of rains and the degrading environment. Singapore had time to sort this out though. Did they know it was going to be this bad...? Yes, apparently. Wow.
So here is what we have in real time.
APPARENTLY, the fires in Sumatra are not worse than usual. They are not burning primary rainforests. They are burning already cleared land and secondary rainforests. They are not regenerating it anyways. However they are worse this year because of the El Nino - especially for Singapore. Since we have no rain to speak of.
Right time to get Ma's leg sorted.
Comments