342 - 3.10.26 - A busy enough day
I did my editing yesterday - I will do it again today. Before I garden. I ran and swam. Sit upped. Stretched. Cooked. Tried to watch TV. Failed. I think I have hit TV fatigue.
Gardening today before I head off to the kids' club. I realise I've been going about it all wrong. I am a befriender, not a teacher, when I am there. But lessons get to be learnt hopefully.
By me, especially.
I saw something yesterday about how the idea of progress is a monotheistic myth. It resonated with me because the 'solution' was to cherish the real - the small everyday things which make a difference in people's lives. Increasingly, without knowing it, I have just been doing things which I can control - so being present in the lives of those to whom I am in some way, responsible for. My sons. Now, Ma. I have always chosen to work in areas which have led to the most amount of meaning - and which has not contributed to the destruction of the planet. So I stayed away from the paths which led to acclaim - that's how they get you. They dangle the possibility of some kind of false greatness. A greatness as it were which has to be measured by someone else's rubric. Someone else judges you. There is an entire industry which is about judging and deciding who is great or not. I have just always smelt a rat. Always. Always been wary. Especially when these glories involve the sacrifice of the most important thing. And it is always on the backs of the most vulnerable these things are derived from.
It can be a child. Your child. Your forsaking of the responsibility of that child. It could be a rainforest being levelled. It could be an animal - I do this - I eat meat. It could be that of a person who is less well off, forced to sell their labour to you. Slaves. The entirety of fortunes are made by exploiting other people.
Anyway, I should do my editing and then gardening. I've faffed around enough now.
Today -
Editing
Gardening
TTKC
Swimming
Comments