14.9.24 - Sick again, naturally

Past, present and future


Our Field Studies Council ID charts!

Da boys... all those years ago

It has been an exhausting return to work and all. The weather has not helped. I do not ever remember it being so dreadful. The cold dampness at a level I have never remembered it before. It has rained all but 4 days since I have come back - which is very unusual. I know people think it rains all the time in Ireland, but it does not. 

The jetlag, followed by the exhaustion and the feeling that I am constantly chasing my tail has been awful. PLUS I have been battling illness. And illness which quite a few people have already succumbed to. 

On the plus side, the class is going great. They are now together and solid as a class. It feels like we will be able to take on a few more people. I know that children have had to leave, but such is life. They have done great though. They are all reading and writing and spelling to some degree and we are now working on tenses using the passages from the Main Lesson book work which we have done.

They are drawing and this week, most satisfyingly, I divided them up into three groups and said that they should make a fire, make dough and make butter/gather berries to make jam. And off they went. They are a class of completely independent, confident children who are amazing. And we did this. Our school did this.

I have laid the foundations for these kids and they are ready to take on the world. Everything from now on is going to be just about building layer upon layer, like a veil painting. That is what education is, a veil painting.

I think it must be a test of your intelligence - do you support Kamala Harris or Trump? You must be a total idiot if you think Harris is a better option than Trump. Believe the hype, why don't you. I just CANNOT understnad people - they are literally the same people who ended up believing in all the Covid shit. Honestly, I am done with these people.

Can they not understand that we are now living in the most stupid timeline and this has happened despite having the internet. The internet does not - has not - made things better. You could argue it has made things worse. The phrase running with knives comes to mind. I was watching this hilarious show called Ancient Aliens and the man who are presenting the show looked like he was a gorilla with a human mask on. It was quite disturbing actually. I really don't know what's happening to people. 

It's like they have completely lost the run of themselves... like they have entered this weird loop and con no longer understand what is going on around them. This keyboard is fire. 

Anyway... I want to talk about what happened this week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love