#127 - #110 (17)
It has been a strange three weeks... or rather a strange two weeks. Yesterday Ghin and I put up the toilet for Forest School today. I have been thinking a lot about how much calmer I am. Also how I am not willing to put up with bollocks but also that I am able to avoid getting into conflict over bollocks.
The past year has been quite satisfying for me as a teacher. It has been a vindication of me being in this profession - my calling as it were. No, I do not think me conceited. But I can see how unsupported I was and had been at the crises points and how I really didn't have very much ability to correct or spot it at that stage. But for one child, all the children are learning and have learnt more than I could have ever imagined. For that I am grateful.
Whew... thought I had missed place value but no. Place value is next year and we can wait till nest next to do that.
I have been more lenient but also stricter in some respects. I make sure they learn a poem a week or even two weeks. And I make sure that they learn their tables daily. The literacy is falling behind because I have had no practise. But I will sort that out this half term and they will be up to scratch by the time they get Lindsay for the late mornings.
There was this post from one of the girls about how we should not sweat the small stuff. In my experience people only care about the small stuff when the cannot control the big stuff. It is a form of control and of course it is the most pointless part of life that control. Especially now.
I wonder what the weather is for the rest of the day... amazing.
Comments