Starting as you mean to go on
I fell asleep and it felt comforting to have something to say. Something to fill in the blanks. Of course I never did this because... I was an aethist, but I remember, weirdly my dad telling me when we were very small, when I asked why people said the rosary, he said, it is like a form of meditation. And he is absolutely right - it is a form of meditation. My mother had a very large rosary collection too. In fact i bought her rosaries from Vatican City. Maybe I'll get myself a rosary, for the same reason. So I don't say the rosary to ask God for something to to ask for forgiveness of sins, but to fill in the space... for the meditation.
My mom used to say the rosary lots. She would go to church everyday. She doesn't do this anymore. God is everywhere she declares now, You don't have to go to church to be close to God. And whenever I get upset about something, say your prayers, she'd tell me. She'd be very happy to know I'm sure that I'm saying the Hail Maries loads.
I tidied up the house yesterday and continued to rearrange things last night when I could sleep. I looked at my list and I will give them time slots today before I head home. After I hear from them and before I head home. I was thinking of all the stupid things I did this year spending too much time in cyberspace (do people call it that anymore?) has to top the charts. I did put a few will stop doing these things in the list I copied down, but I think expressing things in a negative like - I won't do this - is stupid. If time is adequately and profitably filled you will have no time to do things which you should not be doing.
I think while I wait for them to call I will do some drawing. Of a bird, of course.
Life is so amazing, why waste it on cyberspace?
So this is probably my last entry... I don't know why I didn't blog as much this year. This is the least I have blogged apart from 2008. I think it is because I spent too much time watching TV, Netflix and on Facebook. Well, no more. That is one of the stop doing this I asked myself to do.
I love these days after Christmas and before school starts again. They are like a newly washed beach after high tide, or newly fallen snow. There is just so much, the discoveries and possibilities are endless. Everything is so quiet. It would be nice if there WAS snow. It is almost certainly the mildest and driest Christmas in my memory. I was telling Ma about the St Stephen's Day storm and how on some years when I went running there would be snow on the ground and i'd be worried about slipping and falling and breaking my leg. It is literally like mid spring now. Even the wasps are confused.
So today is like this:-
After this...
Draw, wait for call from Singapore
Do list
Do half and hour of some kind of tidying up
Head home
Go for run
Sort out lunch
Clean the house
Sort out tonight
Life, eh?


Comments