The BEST gardening day ever

This pond
I have three ponds in my very tiny garden. Every winter they fill up with leaves and I need  to clear them, which is what I did today. This very funny garden statues I bought - there are four - a frog, a turtle, a mushroom and a bird. They featured in Breaking Bad as extremely ugly garden gnomes, but I just LOVE them. These three ponds will be looked after over the winter so that birds can drink from them when the winter freezes things over. Although this looks highly unlikely as the weather is just very balmy. I was astonished that I was able to garden from 7.30 to just fifteen minutes ago.

Here's the shroom

Close up
I cut the entire garden by hand. I have realised that this enables all the inverts to hide. I also fou dhte caterpillar of a moth which I was able to hide. Peter took the boys for a walk which meant I was able to garden without any interruption - apart from lunch. Although it has to be said I slept little last night as Ghin was feverish and kept on waking up.

Here is the other pond

I have decided to mulch it with leaves
I am going to let the hostas to just grow round them. And the false peonies.

This is an experiment

I cut the raspberry stalks and just thought, well that's a waste. So I just stuck in the old stalks into the back of the fence. See if they don't grow that'll be ok. But if they do, happy days. I stuck an old insulation thingy from Hello Fresh! to keep some of their roots warm though truth be told it is REALLY warm.

The geegans I collected from Magillian Strand all those years ago
 
The picnic bench where the slow gardening all began two days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love