25 minute blog
Today I don't know what to blog about. Ghin was very tired yesterday so I sent him to bed early. So he was in bed tossing and turning and I decided to read him The Odyssey. Having read the TE Lawrence translation I thought that the Ithaca one which I had been reading to him, meant for younger children, was rubbish. Why do they have to modernise it? It is clear that the woman in the story are the inspiration and the make characters are the action. It is OK. You don't have to create a made up female character for Telemachus to fall in love with. Also, the PCness was annoying. Look, The Odyssey takes place in Ancient Greece. They weren't white, nor were they black - they were Greek which means that they were very much darker European and probably quite mixed given all that toing and froing on the Med. Anyway, I decided to read that to him.
All was going well, except for the fact that I can't see anything cos I didn't have my reading glasses on, when I stumble upon the word erect and Ghin starts sniggering. I say, do you know what erect means? And Ghin laughs, saying no. I say, it means standing up straight, which completely tips him over the edge. STANDING UP STRAIGHT!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Comments