10 minute blog
| This little pond has a cute history - it was the bath which I used for Oisin and later Ghin. It was given by Peter's mom, all those years ago. Almost twenty years and it is still going strong. |
Anyhow, I have decided to do the history of music with my class, instead of them going to choir. It would be more profitable. I just thought, well Christmas is coming and any number of oratorios and cantatas are coming up - they need to know the structure of an opera and of symphonies and no one is going to do that for them if they don't do music theory - so I am now calling on the powers of my Classical Music training to my aid.
We start with medieval pleinsong today. Which is great because we start tomorrow with the last Medieval ages. The time when the Roman Empire met the Islamic world. It is fascinating really.
Yesterday I was thinking about how if you gardened you didn't really have to do yoga. One hour of gardening a day is all you need. Together with the running it is perfect. If I just stick to the schedule I've developed it will be perfect.
Today after school I will be heading to Ma's house to clean the upstairs bathroom. Then I'll need to get food for all of them followed by sweeping up the garden. The house will then be ready for their arrival.
I might end up staying there tonight t prep it, although I need to come back to wash the clothes and do the laundry. There is a pile of it waiting to be folded. It's ok, it'll all the done. What I have discovered is that if I don't watch anything on iPad I have loads and loads of time. I always do this to myself. Well Ma and Pa are about to start their journey. Can't wait to see them. Living in the 21st century is amazeballs.
Comments