Babes in the Woods

Rambling friends

Carin Woods is a beech wood so it is full of colour

And some ridiculously beautiful trees


Straight outta a storybook


Zoe and Kelly

The light is constantly changing depending on the part of the forest you are in

Right at the top we can look across to Strangford

Scotts pines and water

Roasting marshmallows



We miss forest school

Trees are meant for climbing


What else would you do with them?


Little wood nymph

Dryads

The tootest gnomey house in all of Norn Iron



Complete with twigs, shrooms and moss










So they have had an amazing half term break. Oxford Island, house cleaning (Belfast and Ardmore), sleep overs, Samhain and walks in the forest to remember those who had past. And all the while accompanied by the most amazing light. Robins, hooded crows and coal tits were out in force, although sadly the birds don't seem to have discovered my feeders yet. I'm hoping this changes soon. It has been three days already and nada.

Usually I'm a more hide under the covers person but because of the lack of drinking I recovered very quickly from the exertions of school. It took me only a couple of days and I was up and bouncing again. Sunday saw me clean the entire house, do the laundry, etc and then Monday I did the hoovering - or was that Tuesday? Nope, that was Monday. That out to Oxford Island, followed by cleaning the house on Wednesday for Halloween and then a Halloween celebration - it was an impromptu Halloween party and it is nice how it doesn't all have to be about themed things, but just company and friends.

By the time the entire Halloweed celebration was over we collected a total of six boys and we headed into the woods. Cairn Woods is ridiculously special, it really is. There is no doubt that fairies live there and take care of the place. It is only right that we acknowledge them.

So I am now ready to plunge back into school. I rounded off this afternoon with a super lunch treat that Noble with Gabriel. We chatted and exchanged the goss and laughed quite a lot. It was really quite something to catch up with her. And NOW I am not only full of cheese, I am also very tired. All that has really caught up on my. Well next week Ma will be here - with Pa and Aurelia. I can't wait. It has been just something which I didn't think would happen this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love