Nature and us



Random thinkings

Over the many years I have begun to collect things which have made me think of ways in which I could perhaps help people to be more in nature. There are a few obstacles, sure, but first, I want to jot down the things which I have discovered.

The world around us has a consciousness - what evidence do I have? I think that since the beginning of time from the moment we were able to tell each other stories, human beings have always recognised this. Our Gods and Goddesses, our creatures of places like nagas and asuras, angels and demons, spirit animals - in every culture all across the world there have been the same archetypes arising from the same recognition. The only period in history in which this has not happened is ours, right now. When I mean ours, I mean round about the late 18th century.

So, the world is a living place.

I do believe that there are beings which we can't see which exist in different dimensions. These beings are elementals which help keep a place alive - like Cairn Woods. They work on the level of a the seasons and the life of the woods. Can they rise up and strike you dead if you cut down a tree? Nope. Sadly, no. However these elementals are critical to the good health of any natural environment. They're presence is signified by good biodiversity and a balanced environment.

I do think it is very good for human beings to be in contact with them by going to these places. You don't have to do anything, you just need to be with them and they also enjoy our presence. When we are in an environment in a gentle and respectful way we add to the environment - as Blake says, rather tongue in cheek, where Man is Not, Nature is Barren. Kinda. But there is no doubt that our presence is a good thing - somehow we too bring a potentising effect on the place.

It is vital that we help people to connect to these places because of the benefits which work both ways. This can be done very cheaply. Because many of these places are free.

So, how can this be done?

By simply bringing people into nature and showing them how beautiful it is. And it doesn't have to be a huge amount of nature - it doesn't have to be spectacular. In fact it is much better if it is in the backyard.

So, today I am gardening and going to think about all this...

Spent a modest amount of time gardening and I have discovered I have been doing ti wrong all these years. Well its only taken me twenty years, that's all. It was very strange to be with the plants at the start of winter and to see what they were doing although the trees appear to still have lots of leaves on them. Undoubtedly it has something to do with how warm everything still is. I cleared the place and then cut the grass. I use a knife to do this - it takes about two hours - if i used a lawnmower it would take two minutes. But it lets me think about the garden, to potter around it and take in whatever is going on.

The birds have discovered the feeder and Gary has discovered the birds... it is very funny. He climbs the elder tree and thinks he is a mountain lion or a ceetah in the Serrengetti. Cherry trees are weird. they have very straight branches.

Right time to wash the dishes and do the laundry. I love the holidays.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love