Life is currently harrying us from one weekend to the next. I looked at the last entry and it was during last weekend. Well, last Friday, and before I have known it, it is now this Friday. In between that there has been many many lessons taught, people spoken to, people seen to, life to be learned and people loved. There have been tears split, and tragedies... I love the way in the classroom, we are learning about the origins of words. Today we started with a few new Latin words. Wrath we have learned through the Aenead - irae. And today we learned about Lucius Tarquinius Superbus - superb meaning arrogant and proud. Then we did geometry - the square and we will next week start with ratio and percentage and learn how to expand a design using ratio.
It just makes sense you know. And today when I stopped the story of Tarq Superbus and how Brutus takes over, I had to save the rest of the story for tomorrow. When I stopped, the class went, that was INTERESTING. Please, don't stop.
It is wonderful that we have gone from listening to fairy tales to stories of saints to myths and now into history. We are very very lucky to teach this way. And after FOUR WEEKS of fractions, I sat down with a student today to do fractions and they seemed to get it. I was told in my old school my teacher would just spend three days on a subject and then move on because she had to teach the AQA. But now I get it. Another testament to the way we can teach. I mean REALLY teach. It is really joined up teaching. I would never teach any other way. Being able to be a Steiner teacher is one of the greatest privileges in any lifetime. I am so deeply grateful that I have been able to do this.
Class Six is the supposed to be the last good year a teacher has with her class. Next year they are supposed to be even less respectful. So I am enjoying everything i can now.
 |
| Doesnt get more Irish than this |
 |
| Having lunch before the audition |
 |
| Kai came along! |
 |
| At the GPO |
Comments