Short ones
I am really really really annoyed. I have just ruined the best cooking chocolate and alpine butter in the world. OK, not the world, but they were pretty good. I hve now researched all the web truffle recipes, again not all the recipes, but you get the idea and no where at all do they say use caster sugar - which Darina Allen told me to, so i'm blaming her. Her and Ghin because he broke my scales - he smashed the plastic holder - and so i had to estimate the weight. Also nowhere does it say to use egg yolk or no cream. Which makes me sustpect that perhaps she hasn't done this before. So between him and Darina, they've both ruined aboout £10 worth of good truffle ingredients. But i blame Darina more though. Especially since she's the adult. No matter, i will simply convert it into chocolate spread and we'll be happy as pigs in - well truffles - for the next coming months. I'm now more than ever determined to make truffles....i shall get more ingredient tomorrow - and some elephant glue to glue the plastic holder of my scales back together.
I have also discovered the best cinnamon scones in the UK - they aren't at the Bay Tree. No, they are in Sugarcane in Comber. They aren't soaked in butter and they are so beautifully dones. Especially the raisins which have been slughtly burnt - so that they're caramelised on the outside but stilly squidgy on the inside. I went to Alan's today. He wasn't there but his wife was - and they're two kids. It seems they have three girls altogether, but i didn't know this. I thought they had just the one. It turns out that Alan had married Janice who already had two girls. They are all lovely.