Santa Claus meets Hogwart's Express

We took the Santa train today. The kids loved it. The mothers put up with it. Here are the pix.


At the station. There were nine children, three mothers and one compartment. We should have received the Victoria Cross. I think in Soviet Russia, women used to receive medals for giving birth to children. I can understand that. One of the moms was saying that she thought it would be nice to have another child - her fourth - and then she thought, no, i don't think i can do it... i must say that while i love Ghin and feel highly inadequte with ONLY two children, the thought of having another one just fills me with impossibility. Also i'm too old. I will be 37 nest week - and it would be more selfish than anything at this tage if i even attempted this. Of course i can't attempt this on my own - a small technicality.


Here we are - Ghin and me. Ghin in Santa suit. We went to M&S and bought up half of the supermarket for snacks. And a good thing too, seeing how we had th Foreign Legion travelling with us.


Part of the battallion.


Santa, was you never seen him. It turns out that the man who was Santa was very badly concealing the fact that he was. He had taken off his beard and outfit in full view of the children. He even rolled up his beard, we were informed. Not admitting to the existence of god, you'd think that i'd have no trouble telling the boys that Santa does not exist. However, i cannot bring myself to do this. So we operate with the fiction that Santa has many helpers who take turns pretending to be him. We later saw this particular helper outside talking on the mobile phone.


Ghin at a low shutter speed. I thought it looked really cool and very seasonal...

Sometimes i am astonished at the sheer cheek that Oisin has around adults. He really has no fear of them and regards us as equals. Today i was really, really tired and as i lay in bed he said, are you really tired? I'll go over to Michelle's and stay there a while. I don't mind. I'd be happy to do that. Also...i was in serious monster mommy mode yet again on Saturday. Of course it is ok that you get angry, which person does not do that, but i think that getting angry is very unskilled. However, the good news is that Oisin doesn't really regard these things too seriously any longer. I mean he can see that i'm really tired and annoyed, but he also knows that they do blow over. I try my very very best not to enter this mode either, and i think that possibly he understand this as well. I don't know how this will affect him long term. What i can say is that single parenthood is not a stroll in the park. Single parents should get all the help they need - not just for themselves, but for their kids as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love