Stephanie and Stitch
![]() |
| Doing mostly pointless things as i procrastinate |
I have LOTS of things to do. Lots. Reports to write. Laundry to clear. House to clean. Lots. I have things to read and prepare. And what do i do? Procrastinate because the first part of my day was completely banjaxed by having to do something i was not prepared to do, and then the second half of the day did not really start until 3 pm, by which time it was just too late to do anything. So i am now taking photos of myself.
I am AMAZED with my hair. Having not looked after it for the best part of two months, i am astonished how great it looks after the henna treatment. I can't stop staring at the results in the mirror. Especially the highlights. I know this sounds very vain, but it is also amazing. It had been horrible and frizzy and unmanageable. For about two weeks i looked like Monster Man out of the Regular Show. I FELT like Monster Man. Right down to the moobs.
Which reminds me, tomorrow i will start running again.
I went to visit a friend this afternoon. Probably the most meaningful thing did, apart from nurse a sick Oisin and a mopey Ghin. He - the friend, not Ghin - is going through the proofs of his new book about birds. We talked about birds and family and things relating to birds and families. Isn't life great? Just sitting and talking and chatting. How do people become friends? I do not know. But somehow people do become friends and it is pretty amazing. I do not have very many friends, but the few which i do are truly truly precious.
I had brought a bottle of bubbly to thank him for stuff he had done for us sometime back. But really it was just an excuse to catch up. Shoot the breeze. Hang out for a bit. Make sure we are all still breathing.
Then after that i came home and took this photo of myself and Stitch. Stitch is actually Ghin's toy. How do we get so much of stuff? I looked at my life and thought i will now no longer buy
So i am also writing this and procrastinating. I have asked another friend what they are doing for the evening. I will wait till six and then i will head back to home. I plan to write my Forest School report this evening. MUST CONCENTRATE.
Right then. I think i will organise my study. It is really hard to do this with the roses so lovely and sweet smelling. The temptation to sit in the sunshine and read Murakami while having a glass of wine is just too … tempting… sod it, perhaps i WILL give into temptation. On the scale of temptation, i think that it is pretty small beans….


Comments