It's a kinda crazy place
The world, i mean. The relentless drive for money and greed is utterly despairing. Everywhere i turn the evidence that human beings will destroy ourselves before we are able to do anything serious about it.
Desperate poverty in Indonesia, terrible wealth in places like Singapore. Terrible, terrible wealth. Excessively so. I cannot bear to look any longer. People are entirely entitled to live comfortable lives but not at the expense of others.
A friend said that Mother Earth will survive. Abandoned golf courses in Ireland have heather regrowing, here another friend said, we will just end up destroying ourselves and even if the Earth is destroyed in the process, it is only one planet.
I can't save everything and everyone.
I have to go now.
Desperate poverty in Indonesia, terrible wealth in places like Singapore. Terrible, terrible wealth. Excessively so. I cannot bear to look any longer. People are entirely entitled to live comfortable lives but not at the expense of others.
A friend said that Mother Earth will survive. Abandoned golf courses in Ireland have heather regrowing, here another friend said, we will just end up destroying ourselves and even if the Earth is destroyed in the process, it is only one planet.
I can't save everything and everyone.
I have to go now.
Comments