The Good Life

It is very extremely windy today. I have been not blogging because I was in Rome and then I was not very well. And then I was very busy. It feels like I have just landed from the Rome thing. It has taken be the best part of a week and a half to feel middle normal again. I managed to get the car sorted yesterday and then bought a couple of things the house needed. Like a rug for outside the bathroom, more plates. A new pot. Some jambon. It feels weird and flat, if truth be told.

I cannot put my finger on it at all.

Rome was weird. First, it rained for three days. Then there was the responsibility of looking after the students. After that the unknowns, like the strike. The chaos which is the Italian tourism system. BUT the kids had a great time and so did I. One of my favourite cities in the world? What was there not to love?

Then coming back. Things are in complete chaos in the world, if truth be told. The weather, for starters is up the left. Everything, but everything is cold and freezing. People are beginning to discover, almost too late, that they cannot live the lives they were promised. There is a tussle between the haves and have nots and the people whom you hoped would be on the sensible side, have taken the side of the idiots. When I say idiots, I mean those who will have an argument with physics. You can't argue with physics, it is just pointless.

So you have people who are saying that Brexit needs to go ahead no matter what. Now, two years ago, I did think that they had fucked it up royally, and I also did think, well, they are completely unprepared, and let's see how they are going to sort it out. They haven't at all. In fact, if anything it has all gone backwards. The stupids, the arguers with physics, for some reason have them over a barrel, and the sensible people, seem to be powerless because they are committed to this idea of democracy. But it is not democracy is it? Really? The truth is that they totally fucked up the vote. It was not an exercise in democracy, it was an exercise in politics and eventually futility. So it was a HUGE MISTAKE. But for some reason, despite the craziness, despite being utterly unprepared then and unprepared since, and making a total mess of it, because they are not only so stupid, they are also useless, they want to stick to Brexit.

It is inexplicable.

No one has the courage to take matters into their hands and sort out the REAL problem, which is the terrible inequality, which is of the Tories making. I have since come to the conclusion that austerity is actually a kind of eugenics and population control. It is to kill of poor, sick, ill disabled people and it is to keep those who are left - the poor - in terror of having their benefits and jobs taken away from them. So it works for the superrich, and not so much for anyone else.

They have the middle class running scared because the middle class is naturally conservative and gutless. So dont expect them to speak up for anyone, except themselves. The working class has been destroyed by being fed shite from morning to night. I have seen the face of power close up and they don't care. These people are psychotics. They will get away with everything if they think it is possible. This is why they HATE Jeremy Corbyn. He fights the good fight. So they do all kinds of things to discredit him, but god love the man, he knows he has right on his side, so he just keeps on trucking. I hope he keeps going till the next elections.

Right. Time to head out. Oisin is going for parkour and Ghin and Cash and I are going to Wagamama, after which we will go for a walk. I am so tired you know. But this week I get back into my rhythm. My running and housework and writing and piano playing, you know the simple simple things in life, which I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love