Steinered

I am bathed and warm and floppy after a full on day at school. This is what a typical day looks like....

5.30 - 6.00 am: Get up, breakfast, journal, revise what i am planning for the day. COFFEEEEEE!!!!!
6.00 - 7.00 am: Piano, more journalling, more coffeeeeee - call Singapore.
7.00 - 8.00 am: Get ready for school - get kids outta bed, into car... drive
8.00 - 8.15 am: Get to school. Say morning verse, the day begins.

School
Today school consisted of Maths Main Lesson which means games and getting children to get excited about counting in 10s and 5s. I mean EXCITED.
Then there was doing emails while they were doing German.
After German, there was nettle harvesting and then making dough for nettle bread.
Lunch and playtime
Making nettle bread
Playing the recorder
Cleaning the kitchen with the kids
Making popcorn
Playtime
Getting bread ready
Hometime.
3.00 pm
Between 8.15 am and 3 pm i think i sat down about 15 minutes IN TOTAL.
After school, go home, bathe, have late lunch, hang out with boys, then admin and prep for tomorrow.
This takes me to around 6pm.
Dinner
And the next day begins....

THAT is what it is like to be a Steiner teacher. Just a non-stop carousel.

I cannot believe it is 5.30 already! Where did that time go to?! And how could it possibly be WEDNESDAY tomorrow!!! ARRGH!!!!!

I have like two million things to do before midnight tonight. I am sooo glad the sun has returned. So glad. I cannot believe it is March either.

We are going to Downpatrick in a couple of weeks time and the kids are excited about it. I have told them the stories of Brigid, Columba and Patrick, who are convinietly all located in the same grave. Thank you John D'Arcy. They have asked me a million questions about Patrick. I told them to save it all up for the man at the centre. I hope he is prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geylang sepaku Geylang

The Central Business District

19.3.26 - 74 - Eulogy: What will survive of us is love